TERMS OF SERVICE
Shared Ventures, LLC
Terms of Service
Please make sure you understand the rules and please ask if you have any questions about any particular rule or expectation.
- No Refunds for Early Returns: If you return early, we do not refund the days you will not use. This includes if you have an accident or crash in the unit; however, if the crash is not your fault you may be able to recover your rental costs from the at-fault driver’s liability insurance.
- Fee for Late Returns: If you are late returning the unit there is a $40 per hour late fee. You will also be responsible for the cost of any canceled rentals due to your late return. All drivers must be at least 25 years old and must be listed on the contract, and verified & approved through Outdoorsy, when you pick up the unit. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- NO SMOKING OR VAPING: Smoking (including cigars, pipes, drugs, etc) in the unit forfeits your entire security deposit.
- NO DRUGS: Any evidence of the storage, transportation, or use of illegal substances will forfeit your entire security deposit. Travel trailers returned with any evidence of drug use or transportation will result in law enforcement being called for a report and to collect the evidence.
- Odors / Cooking: We do not allow anything that can create a strong smell in the RV that is difficult to remove, such as raw fish storage or cooking with heavy spices such as curry or strong gumbo. All grease must be disposed of outside of the RV as it cannot go down the sink drain.
- Travel Restrictions: The travel trailer is NOT allowed to travel into Mexico. This void insurance. No travel allowed on any non-paved roadways like logging roads, forest service roads, beaches, etc. Only exception to this is a non-paved road inside a licensed RV Park. No Burning Man.
- Toll Roads, Red Light Cameras, parking tickets, etc: Parking Tickets, Mailed Violations, and Toll invoices are a major burden and we charge a $75 fee for each invoice we get. Responsibility for traffic or parking violations will be transferred to you and you will be charged a $75 administration fee. If you want to use Toll Roads, you are free to pay at the plazas or bring your own toll transponder, just make sure no invoices or toll by plate, etc mail comes our way or the $75 administration fee will apply. Note: Most toll agencies are good to work with and will help you out if a mistake and call them right away.
- Awnings: We do allow use of the exterior awning. Please note, awnings ARE NOT COVERED by insurance. They can be damaged very easily due to weather or accidental misuse. Damage to awnings, including damage while driving (tree, tollroad, material on road, etc.) are 100% your responsibility and will likely exceed your security/damage deposit amount. Use awning with caution.
- Generators: Customers are forbidden from running the generator overnight while sleeping in the unit due to the possibility of carbon monoxide getting into the unit while you are asleep – a deadly hazard.
- Pets: You MUST have approval from us before allowing a pet in the RV. If we reached an agreement on having a pet, an extra cleaning fee of applies. Many renters are allergic to pets so we must charge extra because it takes a lot of work to clean the RV after a pet has been in it to remove all the pet hair, dander, and sanitize every surface. Our current pet fee is $125 for the entire rental period. If we need to pay the cleaners for additional time to get the unit cleaned, we will pass on the fee of $50 per hour, thereafter.
- Security Deposit: Your security deposit is refunded after the unit is checked in and there is no damage or issues requiring funds from the deposit. Failure to accurately report your destination or giving a false destination in order to attend a prohibited event will result in forfeiture and total loss of your security deposit.
- Training: When you pick up the unit we will complete a pre-rental orientation of the unit that will take about 45 minutes to an hour, depending on any prior experience you have with an RV. Picking up an RV is not like picking up a rental car so please plan at least 45 minutes for this when you make your departure plans.
- Cleaning: Unless you elect to add cleaning with your reservation, the coach must be returned with a deep-cleaned (100% rental-ready) interior and empty grey and black tanks. “Clean” means as you received it & ready for another rental. If you pay for cleaning, the coach does not have to be returned clean, however it cannot be “trashed” or so dirty that it is filled with trash or dirty beyond what is reasonable for a vacation. If you elect to add the cleaning it is a $100 fee.
- Propane: You need not return with the propane at the level you received it. We will take care of refilling the propane free of charge.
- Damage/Minor Repairs: If the RV and/or the contents in the RV are damaged during your rental period, you are responsible to pay all damage costs, whether you were at fault or not, or if damage was caused by acts of nature (wind, rain, earthquake, fire, flood, etc). You may choose to make the repairs yourself (i.e hubcap fell off, you order a replacement to be delivered to your location or home and install yourself. Or you leave the extension cord at a campsite, you can choose to replace it with a like-quality extension cord). Conversely, if there are damages, missing items, etc., at time of return, we will obtain an estimate from a local repair shop and charge accordingly. A $100 admin fee will be added for coordination of repairs, transport, etc. between rentals.
- If an accident occurs, you are responsible for obtaining a police report, contacting the other party’s insurance company and contacting Shared Ventures immediately at 951-553-9629.
- Any damages need to be reported to us immediately (maximum 24 hours). If the potential repair is minor, you may make the repair after consulting us. Replacement of defective parts and receipt must be brought back for reimbursement. There will be NO reimbursement if you do not bring back the defective part you replaced and the receipt. If you purchase an item necessary due to an equipment failure (sewer or water hose, extension, etc) the item you purchased and the receipt must be surrendered upon return if you want reimbursement.
- The A/C, generator, awning, radio, microwave, television, jacks, etc. are convenience items. If any malfunctions should occur with any of these items, no compensation will be made to you. For assistance, you are advised to call the emergency contact, 951-553-9629.
- Renter Damage. If the RV and/or the contents in the RV at the time of the delivery orientation are damaged during your rental period, you are responsible to pay all damage costs whether you were at fault or not or if damage was caused by acts of nature (wind, rain, earthquake, fire, flood, etc). If an accident occurs, you are responsible for obtaining a police report, contacting the other party’s insurance company and contacting Shared Ventures immediately at 951-553-9629. At check out, Shared Ventures will estimate the damage, if any, and expedite the cleaning and/or repair.
- Waste Holding Tanks: Waste holding tanks must be emptied prior to return & valves left OPEN. When you return the unit we will close the valves which is our way of making sure the tanks are empty. Putting anything other than human waste or RV toilet paper (supplied) in the toilets will result in an extra cleaning fee. If you don’t want to flush the tanks you can select the dump fee of $75. If the RV is brought back with any clogs in the toilet or sewer pipes, there is an automatic $150 charge.
- Rental Period: The rental period is every day you have the unit past 11 am, so the unit is due back by 11 am the day after your reserved rental period ends. For example, You pick up the unit Friday at 3 pm, and return the unit Monday by 11 am, you are charged for 3 days (Fri, Sat, Sun).
- Personal Property. You release Tricia Castellanos, Shared Ventures, LLC, and our agents from all claims for loss of, or damage to, your personal property or that of any other person, that was left or carried in or on the RV, whether or not the loss or damages was caused by our negligence or was otherwise our responsibility.
- Personal Injury. You release Tricia Castellanos, Shared Ventures, LLC, and our agents from all claims for injury, including, without limitation, personal, bodily, or mental injury, economic loss or damage to you, guests, unborn children, or relatives, whether or not the injury was caused by use of the RV, our negligence, or was otherwise our responsibility.
- Extra fees: If you did not elect extra fees at the time of booking, such as the cleaning fee, flushing fee, and etc., you can elect to have them deducted from your deposit.
- Our failure to enforce any of our rights under this Agreement or at law shall not be deemed a waiver or a continuing waiver of any rights or remedies against another party, unless such waiver is in writing and signed by the party to be charged.
- If any provision of this Agreement is judicially determined to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- Attorneys’ Fees. In the event a dispute arises regarding this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, in addition to other relief to which it is entitled.
- No term of this Agreement can be waived or modified except by a writing that we have signed.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties regarding the rental of the Trailer, and supersedes all prior oral or written agreements or understandings regarding this subject matter. This Agreement can only be amended by a writing signed by all parties.
I have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of this rental agreement and thereby give my consent to the agreement.
BY SIGNING THIS ADDENDUM AND ACCEPTING KEYS, YOU UNDERSTAND THERE ARE EXTRA FEES THAT CAN OCCUR IF THE CONTRACT IS NOT ADHERED TO. THESE FEES, IF ASSESSED, WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT.
DUMP $75 CHARGE WILL BE ASSESSED IF BLACK AND GREY TANKS ARE NOT EMPTIED PRIOR TO RETURN.
KEY REPLACEMENT $50 CHARGE WILL BE ASSESSED IF ALL KEYS ARE NOT RETURNED.
SHORE-POWER ELECTRICAL CORD REPLACEMENT $150 TO REPLACE DAMAGED ELECTRICAL SHORE POWER CORD $50 TO REPLACE 15 AMP ADAPTER.
SEWER HOSE REPLACEMENT $150 TO REPLACE LOST OR MISPLACED SEWER HOSE AND/OR ADAPTERS.
CLEANING $50/HR (1HR MINIMUM) FOR ANY EXTRA CLEANING REQUIRED AFTER RETURN. THE TRAILER SHOULD BE RETURNED IN THE SAME CONDITION AS IT WAS AT PICK-UP.
SMOKING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. SMOKING IN THIS UNIT WILL BE CAUSE FOR FORFEITURE OF ALL SECURITY DEPOSITS AND MAY WARRANT ADDITIONAL FEES.
PETS AUTHORIZED IN WRITING AT TIME OF BOOKING OR OTHERWISE ARRANGED ARE WELCOME IN MY TRAILER FREE OF CHARGE. SHOULD ANY DAMAGE OCCUR BECAUSE OF YOUR PETS YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, URINE OR WASTE STAINS, CLAW/SCRATCH/CHEW MARKS, DAMAGE TO FURNITURE, EXCESSIVE CLEANING FEE.
A $100 FEE WILL BE ASSESSED FOR EACH UNAUTHORIZED PET.